A LITTLE ABOUT ALEX AND ANT

Monday, March 31, 2014


Q: Tell us a bit about Alex & Ant

A: Alex & Ant is a children’s fashion label based in Perth, WA. We have been established since ­­­ 2009 and we pride ourselves on creating clothes that are designed with love, made with attention to detail, affordable enough to have fun in and lovely enough for a special occasion. Every design I try to inject a bit of the joy, love and laughter that my own two children (Alexandra and Anthony) bring me daily.

Q: What was your inspiration for your latest range- Winter 2014?

A: I wanted to create a stylish collection that while offering a touch of glamour was as comfy as we all want to be in winter- cosy, relaxed and able to play. And while I do take some inspiration from the trends happening overseas and in fashion generally I always put the comfort and practicality of being a child first- I know from first-hand experience if it isn’t comfortable and if they can’t climb a tree in it or jump on a trampoline it won’t get worn! Nothing makes me happier than hearing my children laughing and playing happily, that’s what kids should do, and Alex & Ant is designed with that in mind.

Q: Do you have a favourite piece from the range?

A: Tricky! Well I do love our applique detailed baby rompers- we do them every season and change the designs all the time but they’re quite a well known part of our brand now, people really love them as they’re so comfortable and super cute. 

The ‘About A Girl’ range is very special- lots of frills, bows, lace and pretty pinks. Girly girls will love it. 

Then there’s ‘Come As You Are’ which is using a really beautiful floral fabric, some very interesting garment shapes and a yummy palette of pink, white, black and grey. 

Soldier of Love’ has been very well received- camouflage, rosy reds, khaki, white and lots of special details like sparkles and braids. And we have sparkly mouse shoes for the baby girls- they are too adorable. 

I really can’t choose a favourite piece - I’ll let customers do that for me! Check for stockists at Alex & Ant Like them on Facebook to keep up to date with whats new.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design